Monday 4 December 2017

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Thoughts

I was SO excited when I heard that I was able to play Animal Crossing again. How nostalgic! This game was my life as a kid and as soon as I heard there was an app it was installed on my phone instantly. Although it's not quite the same as the old one I am enjoying it and I am 100% addicted. Here's my thoughts..

What I Love:

  • The characters are seriously adorable and just as cute as the old ones. My favourites are Cherry, Goldie and Chrissy. 
  • It was pretty simple to get the jist of the game. Even to new fans of Animal Crossing it is very easy to understand and you get the hang of things easily. I also like how Isabelle is always available if you need to go back over the Beginner's Guide. 
  • I don't know if everyone will love this but I like how in the beginning you don't just fly through levels and within two hours you're level 10. It takes a while to get through them and once you do level up it's been because you're dedicating time to the game. 
  • I love how many Leaf Tickets you get. When you first start the game there are so many achievements that before you know it you have hundreds of Leaf Tickets! But try not to waste them, the achievements will end at some point and if you're like me and you've completed your current stretch goals, the Leaf Tickets do stop growing on trees at some point. I wish I wasn't so wasteful now.
  • The current special event is Christmas themed and I am LIVING FOR IT. The festive trees, the fireplace I cannot get enough. If you're not wearing your free Santa hat right now you're doing things wrong, my friend. 

What I didn't like: 

  • I am not a fan of the way the 'Market' works. Call me lazy but wouldn't it be a whole lot easier if you could purchase from the markets directly through our friend's lists instead of having to visit them? To me it feels like a waste of time and I would prefer if you could just purchase from your friends without having to make your way to their campsite.
  • Eventually the animals at your camp will max out their friendship with you. This is irritating as you only find out what the animal wants once the friendship is maxed out. If we knew what the animal needed before this happened, we could prepare for that. 
  • WE NEED CAMPSITE SPACE UPGRADES. This is my biggest pet peeve in the game. I'm hoping that we soon get an update where we can upgrade our camp space so that we can have more animals in our camp and also be able to put a decent amount of furniture without it being cramped. Without this feature I'm put off buying/crafting non-essential furniture as I don't have the space for it. 

Tips & Tricks: 

  • As said before, Leaf Tickets are sacred. Try not to be impatient with waiting times on furniture/amenities and save those Leaf Tickets for a time where you have no option but to use them. 
  • When listing items in your market try to sell fruit. It can only be harvested after a certain amount of time whereas fish, shells, and insects can all be caught to no end in the game. If one of your friends are looking to buy something.. it's most likely to be fruit. 
  • Don't waste a listing space on a rare item! I have had no animals ask for super rare items so don't waste a space in your market with an item no one needs at the moment. I'd keep them in my inventory until the time comes where animals require them.
  • Friend request everyone you meet! This is important because you need your friends to help you get into the Quarry for free. The more friends you have, the quicker and easier that will be!
  • If you link a Nintendo account be sure to use your points from there! If you go to More > My Nintendo > Missions you will find that there are goals to reach and points to gain. Once you complete those you can get clothing, 5000 Bells, Craft Materials and Leaf Tickets. If you've been playing for a while and haven't checked that I'm sure you'll have lots of points waiting to be collected! 
I am still playing Animal Crossing and I literally check it every three hours to complete all my tasks. It's highly addictive and hopefully if they make a few tweaks it will be amazing. I'm overjoyed to have Animal Crossing back in my life, flaws and all. Let me know your thoughts and if you found this to be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment